Re: What would you do to encourage application developers on GNOME Mobile?
- From: Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>
- To: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: What would you do to encourage application developers on GNOME Mobile?
- Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 20:36:13 -0600
If you haven't already and you have ideas about how to use this funding,
please comment on this by Thursday, May 20th. At that point I'm going
this to the Board of Directors for a decision.
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>
Hi GTK+ developers,
It was suggested that you might be interested in commenting on this. Some of the ideas in the mobile list so far have been a contest, an internship program and hiring a consulting company.
Please feel free to comment or suggest other ideas.
P.S. I'm not on this list, so if you could keep me cc'ed, that'd be great.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>
Date: Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 6:11 AM
Subject: What would you do to encourage application developers on GNOME Mobile?
To: GNOME Mobile <mobile-devel-list gnome org
Nokia recently approved a budget for the GNOME Foundation to encourage
GNOME applications on Maemo 5 and MeeGo. We have around $50,000. In
Maemo 5 and MeeGo, GTK+ is "community supported". This funding
is to help us to encourage and ensure that happens in the best way
What would you do with that budget to encourage more application
developers to choose GTK+ for mobile development and to ensure those
applications run on MeeGo?
There are a number of different approaches we could take and I'd like to
hear the community's opinion.
Some that have come up:
* Pay a consulting company to make sure GTK+ apps run well on
* Buy devices to hand out to developers.
* Invest in GTK+ documentation for developers.
* Invest in marketing/events.
* Provide bounties for GTK+ mobile applications. (Have a list of things
we need or need improved like multitouch.)
* Create documentation for how to port GTK+ apps to Maemo/MeeGo (if
* Have a GTK+ mobile application contest.
] [Thread Prev