Re: Faster UTF-8 decoding in GLib
- From: Mathieu Lacage <mathieu lacage sophia inria fr>
- To: Daniel Elstner <daniel kitta googlemail com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Faster UTF-8 decoding in GLib
- Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 23:51:05 +0100
On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 23:32 +0200, Daniel Elstner wrote:
> > And oddly enough, the ARM compiler does away even with the object file
> > relocation entries for the table.
> At some point, it needs to fill the table. And if loading offsets are
> randomized for security, there is hardly any room for optimization left.
loading offsets are usually randomized once in a while and the whole
system is prelinked with these randomized offsets so that all further
loads do use the same 'random' (per-machine) offset until the next
] [Thread Prev