RE: New widget proposal: GtkLiveSearch

Cocoa AppKit (OS X) has a controller object called NSSearchField, sounds very much the same. Perhaps a similar concept could be implemented? I agree that I would like to be able to control the actual equality used for search and / or sort.

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/cocoa/reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSSearchField_Class/Reference/Reference.html