Re: Print dialog hangs for several seconds before activating

Le mercredi 09 juin 2010 à 20:20 -0400, David A Benjamin a écrit :
It appears that the only sane way to interact with CUPS in a GUI
application is to use separate threads. If folks do not object the change,
I'll try my hand at them.

I would suggest to write a very thin layer that wraps the API and make it asynchronous the GLib way. See GAsyncResult/GSimpleAsyncResult with help of g_simple_async_result_run_in_thread(). Note that it won't make your API cancellable, I think that GResolver implement a solution to that.

regards,
Nicolas

p.s. You could also simplement a DBus API for CUPS.