Print dialog hangs for several seconds before activating

For some reason the Print dialog hangs for several seconds before fully activating. During this period I am unable to push any buttons and on my OS X 10.6.3, I get the little color wheel. After a few seconds, The dialog pops bigger, with several added tabs show up at the top (printer info).

jhbuild info

Name: gtk-i386
Module Set: gtk-osx-universal
Type: autogen
Install-date: not installed
Version: 2.18.2
Tree-ID: 2.18.2-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
Required-by: meta-gtk-universal

Name: glib
Module Set: gtk-osx
Type: autogen
Install-date: 2010-03-22 16:31:17
Version: 2.22.2
Tree-ID: 2.22.2-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
Required-by: glibmm, gnome-mime-data, pango, enchant, shared-mime-info, libsoup, atk
After: meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap, gtk-doc
Before: loudmouth, gstreamer

According to google, there seems to be a bug everyone is working arround, I have as of yet to implement correctly on my machine.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/475845
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/475845/comments/29
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/359975
http://serverfault.com/questions/104935/authinforequired-cups-overwrites

Has anyone run into this problem, and is there a fix I am not aware of?
Thanks in advance,
Shawn