Re: Looking to pay someone to improve gtk+ on osx.

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Lucas Meijer <lucas unity3d com> wrote:
> Hi,
> My company (Unity3d.com) cares about getting MonoDevelop to run great on
> osx.
> MonoDevelop uses gtk+, which on osx has a whole array of problems,
> especially on multi monitor setups.
> I'm looking for a hacker who would like to do some contracting work to find
> these bugs and fix them.
> (lots of focus issues, causing buttons and many other interface elements to
> randomly not work).

it would definitely help to specify the version of GTK that you are using.

Ardour uses GTK+ and we (I, fundamentally) have been actively involved
in the OS X backend. We recently switched to the GTK 2.22 branch, and
the only problem we see at present may be the same as the focus issue
you mention: menus and occasionally buttons that do not get mouse
focus when displayed. I can't guarantee that the fix will come from
me, but I know that one of our commercial partners would really like
to see this fixed, so we do have some motivation to try to address
that one.

--p