Query on Multiple row selection in a GtkTreeView

Hi,

I am facing a problem while implementing following feature using Gtk.

Requirement :
I've a Tree view which is multiply selectable. I want to select multiple elements in the tree view and then right click on the same so that a menu pops up.

Problem
I have made the tree view multiply selectable. Say for example I've selected 1st, 2nd and 4th row in the Tree View.
Now when I right click keeping the cursor position on 4th row, the previous selections disappear i.e. the 1st and 2nd rows are deselected, only the 4th row (on which the the cursor is placed) remains selected.

Could you please tell me whether right click event works on multiple selection?
Is there any special handling that I need to take care for this implementation?

Thanks,
Debapriya