Re: GtkScrollbar marker API discussion

2010/7/7 Thomas Wood <thos gnome org>:
> On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 00:42 +0100, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
>> Hi Gtk+ hackers,
>
>> The marker addition call would look something like this:
>>
>> gtk_scrollbar_add_mark (GtkScrollbar *scrollbar, gdouble mark, gchar*
>> mark_class);
>>
>> There would also be some stock markers with default colours.
>> mark_class can be null and the default highlight colour  will be used.
>>
>> Again, how and where to set and extend the colour mapping is sort of a
>> blurry spot to me.
>

> It's probably important to get the theme integration correct here, so
> people can adjust the default highlight colours so that they don't clash
> with any other custom colours. Also, a different theme may want to draw
> markers in some new fancy way, so it might be important to make sure the
> marker information is available when the theme draws the scrollbar
> background. Alternatively, we could add a new "marker" drawing function
> in GtkStyle, but ideally we want to move away from using abstract
> drawing methods.
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I'm gonna try to find some time during next week to put together a
patch and propose an initial API.
Working from there would be a lot easier for me. If adding custom
colours is gonna be a hassle theming wise I might consider dropping
support for that and just offer generic search match support similar
to what GtkScale does but without any string.

--
Un saludo,
Alberto Ruiz