Re: Color managed GtkImage

On Jan 7, 2010, at 9:01 AM, David Zeuthen wrote:

> This probably also means that you need to take (at least) Win32 and OS X
> into account when designing the public GTK+ APIs - e.g. you need to make
> sure the API can be implemented on these platforms preferably using
> native Win32 and OS X color management APIs.

I think it is also important to get an overall workflow and use of the API defined, including what it does and does not do.

One of the problems I've seen is that for correct previewing an application should only 'color manage' a final composited buffer, and not each individual piece in isolation. Also, applications have need to operate on images in different colorspaces. "Everything is converted to sRGB" is one possible solution, but things need to be explicit.