Re: Gobject-Introspection and CMPH

On Dec 15, 2010, at 5:54 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:
>
>> But since you bring it up, what is the "official" policy? Is it C89? Is it published somewhere?
>
> For GTK+, we're generally avoiding C++ comments, since they cause
> problems for the compilers that are used on win32. What other non-C89
> features do you have in mind ?
> Nested functions are not really worth discussing, thats just a
> historical accident on the part of the gcc team...

Actually, I don't have anything in mind. Although I like C++ comments (and C++ in general) I have no issues writing C89 (or K&R  for that matter) code.

I just want to know what constitutes "breaking the build" so that I do the right thing when it happens.

(I don't know why Colin went off on C++ comments. My original post was about an anonymous union.)

Regards,
John Ralls