Re: gtk-style-context has landed

On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 15:42 +0100, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> Hey :),
>
> I have just merged the gtk-style-context branch in master, here's the
> status of things:
>
>       * The new API is fully functional, well documented, and used
>         underneath GtkStyle, a few widgets are using it directly
>         already.
>       * GtkStyle and GtkRcStyle are deprecated, but more code can be
>         surely removed, the most tricky bit might be
>         GtkRcPropertyParser, which is used in GtkSettings, although we
>         can likely just typedef it to GtkSettingsParser.
>       * Widgets in gtk/ need to use GtkStyleContext directly shortly,
>         during the transition there might be visual glitches as widgets
>         expose further information themeable through CSS, the builtin
>         one will be kept as sane as possible though.
>       * Apps are encouraged to switch, I guess a GNOME goal should be
>         set up to handle this, Javier? :)

I guess that the GtkWidget::style-set signal should also be deprecated,
removed or changed:

  /**
   * GtkWidget::style-set:
   * @widget: the object on which the signal is emitted
   * @previous_style: (allow-none): the previous style, or %NULL if the
widget
   *   just got its initial style
   *
   * The ::style-set signal is emitted when a new style has been set
   * on a widget. Note that style-modifying functions like
   * gtk_widget_modify_base() also cause this signal to be emitted.
   */
  widget_signals[STYLE_SET] =
    g_signal_new (I_("style-set"),
		  G_TYPE_FROM_CLASS (gobject_class),
		  G_SIGNAL_RUN_FIRST,
		  G_STRUCT_OFFSET (GtkWidgetClass, style_set),
		  NULL, NULL,
		  _gtk_marshal_VOID__OBJECT,
		  G_TYPE_NONE, 1,
		  GTK_TYPE_STYLE);

I notice also that gtk_widget_reset_style() has no documentation.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com