Re: (Style) Property review

Hi Matthias,

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> 5) We have an indicator-size property in GtkCellRendererToggle , but
> indicator-size style-property in GtkCheckButton and GtkCheckMenuItem.
> This was unavoidable, since cell renderers are not widgets and can't
> have style properties. Maybe the style-context work will let us fix
> that.

Oh yes, if style-context makes such things possible, that would be great.

> 'opt-in' style properties: These were added over time to let themes
> opt-in to some new GTK feature, typically more detailed detail
> strings.
>
> 6) GtkEntry::state-hint
>    GtkTreeView::row-ending-details

"row-ending-details" is indeed a property that enables richer detail
strings.  I think if we hadn't done it this way, themes would have
broken.  What's the exact plan with such properties?  The properties
are removed and themes will be expected to update to handle the
different and richer detail strings?

regards,

-kris.