Re: Wrapping Box Container

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 18:20 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 08/24/10 13:42, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> > Is this a kind of widget that we are interested in adding to GTK+ ?
>
> What are the usecases for such a container? The selection of features looks a bit arbitrary to me.

I wanted it for Glom, which has vertical columns of widgets, flowing the
widgets into the next column, like text in newspaper columns:
http://www.glom.org/wiki/index.php?title=File:Small_glom_data_details.png

Glom currently uses an awful buggy hacky C++ widget that I wrote, but
GtkWrapBox should work properly.

Gimp apparently has something similar, maybe for its tool pallete or
tool preference windows:
http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/app/GtkWrapBox.html

--
murrayc murrayc com