Re: Signal handling questions

A nice way to do it would be to subclass your widget and chain up to
the parent expose
method where needed.

if you need to draw generically on widgets, it wont work for all
widgets (some widgets
can have floating subwindows)... but you can be bold and connect to
the "event" signal
and do something like:

if (event_type == GDK_EXPOSE)
 {
    g_signal_emit_by_name (widget, "expose-event", event, &retval);
    do_my_overlay_drawing (widget);

    return TRUE;
 }
else