Re: application class thoughts

I forgot to mention - I'd like to experiment with patching at least a
few applications this cycle, but not trying to change the world yet.
The standard approach for this is "eggapp", though that has the
tradeoff that patching non-C apps is a pain in the butt if they don't
already ship a C shared library (introspection makes this less painful
but still).  Having a GTK+ branch and having OS vendors ship that
seems like an interesting alternative here.