GTK+ 2.17.11 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.17.11 released
- Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 00:50:01 -0400
GTK+ 2.17.11 is now available for download at:
This is a development release leading up to GTK+ 2.18.
* This is an unstable development release.
It has had only little testing and there are unfinished
features and plenty of bugs in this release. It should
definitively not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GTK+ 2.16. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GTK+ 2.16.
* GTK+ 2.18 will be source and binary compatible with
the GTK+ 2.16 series; however, the new API additions
are not yet finalized, so there may be incompatibilities
between this release and the final 2.18 release.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
GTK+ is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.17.10 to 2.17.11
* Client-side windows:
- Add gdk_cairo_reset_clip that lets you get back the original
- Add gdk_window_restack to more conveniently restack child windows
- Add gdk_window_is_destroyed as a replacement for GDK_WINDOW_DESTROYED
- Deprecated GDK_WINDOW_OBJECT and GdkWindowObject
- Add gtk_widget_set_receives_default and
gtk_widget_get_receives_default accessors for GTK_RECEIVES_DEFAULT
- Correctly propagate insensitive state to cell renderers
- Merge a number of scrolling-related fixes from Maemo
* Bugs fixed:
564160 gtk_combo_box_entry_set_text_column too restrictive
593868 gtk_im_multicontext_set_client_window recreate a new slave...
593644 gdk_x11_screen_get_window_manager_name should not cache...
594178 gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders segfault in write_loader_info
567124 proposal to delay doing something related to immodule...
588788 GTK+ compilation should work with automake1.10
584638 Build of gtkupdateiconcache without NLS breaks
593788 misprint in the returning value of gdk_selection_property_get
593606 Missing include in gtk/gtkcellrendereraccel.c
593877 Undefined symbols while compilation
* Translation updates:
Thanks to all contributors:
September 5, 2009
] [Thread Prev