Re: [patch] constify g_simple_async_result_set_from_error

2009/9/2 David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>:
> Mmmm, wouldn't this break the API? E.g. cause compilation of existing
> apps to spew warnings. If so, we can't do it.

No, the API doesn't change. g_simple_async_result_set_from_error
doesn't ever free the passed error, and the only function that
g_simple_async_result_set_from_error uses is g_error_copy, which takes
a const anyway.

With this change, it won't break (or add warnings) to any program. It
just removes a warning for programs that do not do the explicit cast,
and get given a const GError.

Richard.