Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2009-11-10

On 11/10/2009 04:45 PM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
4. text-buffer 3.0 request (jessevdk)
- split TextView: single TextBuffer driving two TextView widgets
- there are problems with selection and cursor handling
- move some things from the TextBuffer to the TextView, like the
   new EntryBuffer in gtk+ 2.18 does
- worth supporting, targeting 3.0 - might cause deprecations
   during the 2.19/2.20 cycle

I'm not sure what this is about exactly. But something that I thought about working on vte (and specifically, thinking about breaking vte into model/view) is, if GtkTextBuffer and GtkTextView where proper interfaces, VteTerminal and VteTerminalView could implement them. In fact, VteTerminalView could be implemented only if GtkTextView was too slow for us. This could give us lots of neat stuff I imagine.

behdad