GLib 2.21.0 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: GLib 2.21.0 released
- Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 18:19:57 -0400
GLib 2.21.0 is now available for download at:
This is the first development release leading up to GLib 2.22.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.20. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.20.
* GLib 2.22 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.20 series; however, the new API additions
in GLib 2.21.0 are not yet finalized, so there may
be incompatibilities between this release and the final
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at:
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at:
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.20.x to GLib 2.21.0
- New helper functions g_cancellable_connect/disconnect to avoid
race conditions when connecting to the "cancelled" signal on
- New types and methods for dealing with IPv4 and IPv6 addresses (and
UNIX domain socket addresses under UNIX). This does not include code
for actual socket I/O.
- GResolver provides asynchronous and cancellable APIs for resolving
hostnames, reverse lookup of IP addresses and resolving SRV records.
* Glib now provides hash and comparison functions for int64 and double
types, suitable for use with GHashTable.
* GArray, GPtrArray and GByteArray can be ref counted now, and have
* Bugs fixed:
572844 Helper for GCancellable::cancelled connect/disconnect
578363 goption docs should be improved
548466 async/cancellable DNS resolver
579830 param spec strings should use P_()
579862 requesting xattr::foo ends up calling getxattr(..., user...
580453 Hash and equal functions for gint64 and gdouble
580450 Reference counting and boxed types for arrays
580194 gresolver doesn't build on Solaris
580301 network: a few issues on old darwin
580299 network: include sys/types.h before sys/socket.h to insur...
572508 gmarkup speedup
580546 g_strtoull() referenced in documentation...
580656 g_key_file_set_string_list erroneously asserts list != NULL
579272 leaks in g_simple_async_result_set_op_res_gpointer
* Updated translations:
Thanks to all contributors:
May 3, 2009
] [Thread Prev