Re: GtkOrientable and GtkBox

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 10:08 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 14:25 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> > I was experimenting with using GtkOrientable today and came across what
> > might be an oversight when using it with GtkBox'like objects.
> >
> > I wanted to turn a hbox into a vbox, which is fine. However the buttons
> > in the box are then clearly in the reverse order to the one that makes
> > sense.
>
> What order are they? What order would you suggest makes more sense?

This would be a usage-specific thing.

They're in the order they were packed. When you swap the orientation of
the vbox, they're still in the order they were packed, but that order
might be backwards from the order you desire (i.e. if you were going to
build the vbox from scratch).

E.g., you might have:

        [1] [2] [3]

Which orients to become

        [1]
        [2]
        [3]

But for whatever reason, what you desired was:

        [3]
        [2]
        [1]

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA