Re: test locations

Benjamin,

Am Montag, den 13.07.2009, 16:52 +0200 schrieb Benjamin Otte:
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Martin Nordholts<enselic gmail com> wrote:
> > Always building the tests ensures that they are kept up do date with changes
> > in the rest of the code base. If they are not built along with the rest of
> > the code base then they will eventually become out of sync and someone has
> > to fix them later, possibly months after the change that introduced the
> > compilation errors were made.
> >
> That argument has essentially no value at all to me, for lots of reasons.

And your complaints have essentially no value to me. As "make all-am" is
already what you are looking for (and given that it already exists,
Martin's points seem to be really convincing).

What's the problem in just keeping to use "make all-am" for your
compile-warning-testing and before you commit, execute "make all" and be
happy (unless you changes the behavior, then you want to run "make
check" as well).

Regards,
  Sven