Bugzilla bug 562498: (u)int16 fundamental types

Hello,

First off, I am not entirely sure if this is the correct mailing list for this message; if there is a better one to post to, please direct me to it and accept my apologies for the noise.

I've taken the liberty of cleaning up some minor (whitespace) issues with the patches on bug 562498 and testing them against the current git tree. I came across this bug while attempting to use a gushort as a property in a Vala program, which I discovered (via discussion in the #vala IRC channel) was not supported by glib itself.

It seems highly unintuitive to not have a fundamental type for 16-bit integers, since there are fundamental types that cover 8, 32, and 64-bit integers---particularly since some crazy pedants like myself insist on using data types that meet the requirements of the situation in question. In my case, I am working on implementing a FastCGI library in Vala, and many of the required numbers are 16-bit integers. It is possible to use 32-bit integers as a stop-gap, but at the expense of additional code in the library that would better not be repeated since it can be easily centralized.

I would like to know if there are any issues with the commits attached to the bug as they currently stand. If there are, I am willing to fix them and re-submit. I do not know if it would be possible to get them included for 2.22, but if so, that would be most excellent.

	Thanks!
	Mike