Re: GLib plans for the next cycle
- From: Dan Winship <danw gnome org>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GLib plans for the next cycle
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:04:17 -0500
Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
>> In the end I don't expect the use of dbus in the rest of the glib/gtk+
>> stack API to be visible (but maybe I'm naive here).
> That being said, I'd expect that at least for some of the anticipated
> use cases of dbus (unique appllications, session client) there will be
> native apis on other platforms that GTK+ apis would wrap, instead of a
> dbus-based implementation.
Yeah. EggSMClient uses D-Bus (optionally) on linux, but the Windows and
OS X backends use win32/carbon APIs.
] [Thread Prev