Re: client-side-windows vs metacity
- From: "Iain *" <iaingnome gmail com>
- To: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, Morten Welinder <mortenw gnome org>
- Subject: Re: client-side-windows vs metacity
- Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 02:10:17 +0000
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 14:47 -0500, Morten Welinder wrote:
>> What about other window managers? It would be sad to see gtk+
>> tied directly to a given window manager.
> What about them? Only window managers that use gdk are affected, and I
> don't know any other than metacity. Are you thinking about some specific
> window manager?
> And how would Gtk+ be tied to a given window manager? Its the other way
> around, a particular window manager (metacity) is tied to gtk+.
It may be that Morten thinks that by client side windows you mean the
clients are drawing the window manager borders
Whereas I believe by client side windows you mean client that GTK is
not using X windows except for the toplevel window
Does this help the confusion?
[Date Prev][Date Next
] [Thread Prev][Thread Next