Re: Undo stack for GTK+ (was: Re: undo in textview)

On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 18:02 +0100, Holger Berndt wrote:
> Cross-posting to move the discussion to gtk-devel-list. Anybody interested
> in the topic, please follow up there.
>
> On Do, 24.09.2009 19:23, A. Walton wrote:
>
> >It's definitely something many developers would love to see in Gtk+,
> >but only a few have stepped up to the bat with patches and actually
> >discussed the problem,
>
> Why don't we take the opportunity to discuss the problem now, then? I
> can start by offering my view on how an undo stack should look like,
> and provide a reference implementation as a basis of discussion.
>
> The implementation is a git branch called "undo" based on gtk+
> 2.19.2, and can be found at git://github.com/hb/gtk.git
> I attached a cumulative (squashed) version to this mail for convenience,
> to be applied onto 2.19.2.

I'll have a look at your code later when I'm not feeling really rough,
but have you seen the undo classes in Marlin and Tasks?

http://git.gnome.org/browse/tasks/tree/libkoto, koto-undo-manager.c,
koto-undoable.c, koto-undo-action.c.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com