Re: Notes and thoughts on the GTK+ meeting at GUADEC

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 22:42 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
> I'd like to know what thoughts people have on a migration plan for GTK+
> that involves moving to a new widget drawing library during the 3.0
> cycle.

Emmanuele has pointed out to me that 3.0 is still some way off (more
than 6 months). With this in mind, I think it would be entirely possible
to get a separate widget drawing library ready before 3.0. Depending on
the how things pan out, it might even be possible to deprecate and
remove GtkStyle/GtkRcStyle altogether.

Regards,

Thomas