Re: GVariant for prez!

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Dan Winship <danw gnome org> wrote:
> So, my feedback is, if the type system is explicitly just D-Bus and
> nothing else, shouldn't it be called "GDBusType" or something? (I'm not
> saying it's *bad* that it's D-Bus-specific, just that it should be more
> explicit about it.)

Reading the gvariant and gbus source btw, this would be somewhat
misleading at the moment; gvariant's type system is a dbus superset,
and its serialization format is a proposed "dbus v2" format that may
or may not ever get used by dbus. (One of the main barriers being that
nobody afaik is working on adding feature negotiation or protocol v2
support to libdbus yet, so there would not be a bus daemon or a
least-common-denominator / plain-C / zero-dependencies library
supporting the v2 protocol.)

Havoc