Re: GVariant for prez!
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Subject: Re: GVariant for prez!
- Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 11:06:02 -0400
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca> wrote:
> Hi David
> Thanks for your reply.
> David Zeuthen wrote:
>> - GVariant brings in a completely new type system
> That's not entirely true. The DBus type system is being used and loved by
> many people already and GVariant is using that type system. GVariant merely
> brings this type system into glib.
What David is saying (and I'm sure you understood) is that glib
already comes with a type system, namely GType. Adding a completely
separate one next to it in the same module is problematic, even if it
is a well-loved one.
] [Thread Prev