Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-09-23

2008/9/24 Michael Natterer <mitch gimp org>:
> On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 11:23 -0400, Morten Welinder wrote:
>> > I don't think the minutes reflect what was said in the meeting here.
>> > My understanding was hat the H/V subclasses get deprecated as soon
>> > as the code to enable flipping in their parent classes is in SVN.
>>
>> If, say, gtk_hbox_new was to get deprecated and disappear in 3.x then
>> it would be near-impossible to write a program to compile against both
>> 2.x and 3.x
>
> How is this different from any other deprecated function that got
> replaced by another one and will disappear in 3.0?

The only difference is that there are millions of uses of GtkHBox,
GtkVBox and friends and it would probably be very hard to get rid of
them all. Maybe it would be better to wait until 3.2 to delete them to
get application developers more time to prepare?

--
mvh Björn