Re: GTK adjustement changes create incompatible behaviour between versions?

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008, Milosz Derezynski wrote:

> Just FWIW, I see this as an so severe problem, that I've
> proposed on the Ubuntu devel mailinglist to include a downstream
> patch which reverts the behaviour to pre-2.14 (and pre 2.13
> obviously).
>
> I hope this is not being seen as a stab from the behind...

I see your point.  When GTK 2.14 came out, I found that the gtk
spin buttons in my app were broken on account of the "page_size"
issue (which I had never really understood before).  So I fixed my
app.  But the fix is just in the latest release, from a few days
ago.  A distro such as Ubuntu, if it offers my app as a package,
is likely to offer a somewhat older version.  And therefore it'll
be broken, if linked against current GTK 2.14.

And I suspect there are many others apps in a similar position.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics