Re: GTK adjustement changes create incompatible behaviour between versions?

Just FWIW, I see this as an so severe problem, that I've proposed on the Ubuntu devel mailinglist to include a downstream patch which reverts the behaviour to pre-2.14 (and pre 2.13 obviously).

I hope this is not being seen as a stab from the behind, and I wanted to announce this here from a POV of fairness so nobody will be surprised when approached by Ubuntu devs, but this problem is really something that would affect hundreds of apps and the entire base desktop in a negative way, which I can't believe is what anyone wants.

I've also announced this to someone outside of Gtk+ because I think this issue is too big to solve it behind closed doors and people like Ubuntu who maintain an entire desktop (as in e.g. the GNOME desktop + countless default apps) need to be informed.

Why Ubuntu? Well, just because I use Ubuntu, and yes, in fact i should've made the effort to coordinate this with *all* other distros who are seeing a release in the next few weeks (not sure which do), but the effort would be immense so that any arbitrary choice is as good as another, so I've just informed the distro which seems to be the most popular atm.

Greetings
Milosz

2008/9/19 Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Jonathon Jongsma
<jonathon quotidian org> wrote:

> Did I miss something that said that this issue only applies if you're using
> glade?  What about projects that don't use glade and set the page_size
> attribute in code?

Nobody said that it only affects glade-using projects.