Re: Theme patriation
- From: "Iain *" <iaingnome gmail com>
- To: "Thomas Thurman" <tthurman gnome org>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Theme patriation
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 01:07:15 +0000
On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Thomas Thurman <tthurman gnome org> wrote:
> Do you think this is a good plan?
In short: no.
* If a program hangs, the user cannot close the window
* each program needs a copy of the theme parsed in memory, the images
created in memory
* theme caches (what little there are) are cached per app, rather than
* windows don't all look/behave the same (I know this is one of your
plus points, but in my eyes this is a large negative)
* each program is linked to the metacity library...we're trying to
reduce library count for each program, not increase them.
] [Thread Prev