Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-11-25

= minutes for the 2008-11-25 meeting =

* alexl: client-side windows branch
+ third iteration of the offscreen redirection support
+ first was an hacked up version
+ second was a cleaned up version
+ third (current) incorporates owen's feedback on gtk-devel-list
  - more radical approach
  - allow us to clean up and simplify the platform backends
  - pushes a lot of stuff to the common code
  - we can drop all 32bit coord emulation
  - in the typical case only the toplevel window will have its 
    own native window
  - however, we want to support native windows in the hierarchy
  - some pending issues (native XIDs mainly)
ACTION: send an update on monday to gtk-devel-list (alexl)
ACTION: put a roadmap/TODO on the wiki (alexl)

* new defaults for properties
+ list on the wiki
  - http://live.gnome.org/GTK+/PropertyDefaults
+ more properties need to be listed
ACTION: add widget properties to the wiki
ACTION: finish filling out default value table after a lengthy

* GtkAction improvements (tristan)
+ bug at: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=560228
+ add generic "action" to GtkWidget
  - ideally, an interface that widgets should implement
+ move all the special casing from inside GtkAction into the proxies
+ useful for non-UIManager code
+ glade, GtkBuilder
+ issues with notification overhead

irc log available at: http://live.gnome.org/GTK+/Meetings
next meeting: December 9, 2008 at 20:00 UTC

Emmanuele Bassi,
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.net
B: http://log.emmanuelebassi.net

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]