Re: Rumination on offscreen-ng

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 16:28 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Some consequences:
>
>  - Invalid and damage regions are kept per native-target not per window.

What exactly do you mean by this btw? Do you mean moving  the current
GdkWindowObject->update_area somewhere so it affects the native window?
We could do that, although it would require some restructuring of how we
handle updates. However, its not strictly necessary just because we push
GdkVirtualWindow into GdkWindow.

Its got some advantages, for instance we will automatically never keep
update areas for invisible areas. But it also causes some added
complexities. For instance, when moving a subwindow that has some
invalid area we currently just keep that, which is right because its in
window relative coordiantes. If we keep that update area on the parent
window we need to do some complex updates on the parents update_area in
order to move the invalid area of the subwindow with the subwindow.