Re: My commit to glib and gtk+ - Bug #503071

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 08:46 +0200, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> Suggestion (Patch day)
> ---------------

> Would it be an idea to organize a Glib/Gtk+ patch day, say once a
> month

That seems a reasonable idea. And more forward looking than "bug day". I
certainly don't have much interest in bug days because for I (and I
suspect most ordinary developers) don't normally have problems where we
think that (in this case, GTK) is currently broken. Needing improvement,
perhaps. Enhancements, sure. Personal quibbles by the boat load. :) But
actual it doesn't work bugs? No, not really. Hence no interest in bug
day.

Patches, on the other hand, represent effort already invested, either by
people who are casual contributors who know what they are doing, or by
newcomers who might need a bit of help to get up to speed with the
expectations for getting code into a mature code base. Either way,
concentrating the wise ones once a month for such a purpose would, I
think a good way of smoothing the waters.

AfC
Sydney