Re: My commit to glib and gtk+ - Bug #503071

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Yair Hershkovitz wrote:

Hi,

For those who are still not familiar with the issue, you have a lot to
read in bug #503071 comments.

I would like to explain my view of the un-allowed commits I've done in
glib and gtk+.

Thanks for the patch and your input Yair, but for glib and gtk+ we have
fairly simple rules, patches need review and approval before they can go
in. The changes are reverted now, please use patch submission as future
means for getting changes into GLib and Gtk+ like everyone else does.

If you're not satisfied with our current processing speed and maintenance
situation, please consider:
  http://blogs.gnome.org/timj/2008/05/16/16052008-becoming-a-gtk-maintainer/

Thanks for reading,
Yair.