Memory-buffer only port?

I'm trying to use the GTK port of WebKit to render web pages to image files.  This normally would involve a simple hack, but I'm running this on a Linux system that has no X11 or DirectFB.  Is there a port of GTK that only uses a simple memory buffer without any hardware support?  If not, could anyone give me an idea of how much work I should expect to do for making such a port and roughly which areas I would need to work on?

Josh