Re: About GTK+ 3.0 and deprecated things

Hi,

16 jul 2008 kl. 12.33 skrev Colin Leroy:

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:18:24 +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:

Hi,

It sure would lessen the burden for applications still using
deprecated widgets (which is the hard part of the ABI break).

Well, the hardest part in my opinion, for free software at least, is the
API break :-)

Sorry yes, meant the API break :)

There's something unclear from the State of the union slides I've read
(I wasn't at GUADEC...); What will happen to GTK+2 when GTK+3 is out ?

I think that comes down to whether people are interested in investing in GTK+ 2.x (either with resources or money).

Cheers,
  Mikael

--
Mikael Hallendal