Re: Justifying the GTK+ 3.0 ABI break
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Morten Welinder <mwelinder gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com>
- Subject: Re: Justifying the GTK+ 3.0 ABI break
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 04:33:07 +0430
On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 20:01 -0400, Morten Welinder wrote:
> So the maintenance burden, to the extent there is one, is _caused_ by
This is ridiculous. It's perceived that way because all bugs against
deprecated widgets is closed WONTFIX. It's not like if the widget was
not deprecated it would have consumed less maintainer time...
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
] [Thread Prev