Re: GTK-Docc setup: Documentation not generated for some functions

Hi,
Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi) schrieb:
Hi,
     I am new the GTK-Doc tools.
I am trying to add gtk-doc support to generate API documentation for the Upstart project(an open source Init replacement). The code seems to already be heavily commented for the GTK-Doc tool but the GTK-Doc tooling in the makefile did not exist and I am just adding that stuff.

We have a gtk-doc mainling list :)

I was able to generate the documentation but I find the documentation for a whole bunch of functions. For example a file init/cfg_file.[ch], I notice only 2 function definitions where the file has a lot more. The difference between the functions for which documentation was generated an the rest was that 1. These 2 functions had a definition in the header file and the rest don't 2. These 2 functions are NOT defined as static while the rest of the funcions in the file are defined static.

You can't generate docs fro static functions. gtk-doc is meant to be used to document public api. I use gtk-doc alike comment for my static functions to but starting with /* instead of /**. If I later need to make it public I remove static, add the proto to the header and add one * to the comment. internal api (static) is anyway only interesting to developers and they can read the docs when the work on the file.

Stefan

What is causing gtk-doc to not generate documentation for the rest of the functions. Can point out how I could generate documentation for all the functions in the C file. Thanks,
Sarvi