Re: g_app_launch_context_get_startup_notify_id

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

> I thought we were talking about
> g_app_launch_context_get_startup_notify_id() and
> g_app_launch_context_get_display(). They do not say what their
> parameters do.

These functions are basically implementation details and are called in
the process of
a launch operation, so the files parameter is supposed to take the
files that are passed
as arguments to the launched application. It is really not very useful
to call these function
outside of a launch operation. The docs should probably say so.

> I hate how often our documentation even sometimes just says "@thing: a
> #GThing".

I typically use this pattern when documenting the "this" parameter of
an object method.
What else would you say there ?