RFC: GProxy, Dynamic Method Invocation

Hi GLib Heroes,

Over the past few weeks I have been pondering a way to add dynamic
method invocation and introspection to GObjects. I am meaning to
implement this myself (unless someone else really want to do it), if
the reception is luke-warm or better :-)

You can find the draft here:
http://live.gnome.org/MikkelKamstrup/GProxyIdea you might want to
follow the links to GPlugin there, but that page is still a bit
messy...

What I would like to discuss is:

 * Is this utter insanity?

 * Are there any use cases I have not considered or do not cover

 * The API, I have left out a lot of convenience functions for the
sake of clarity, but do I miss something in there?

 * The whole architecture. Too bloated? Too simple?

 * Should I work on this in my own branch (git/bzr) or create a whole
new lib for it and then target for inclusion in GLib over time if it
appears viable at all

 * Relation to GObject-introspection. As far as I can tell GProxy and
GObject-introspection are two completely different things. Maybe I do
not understand the implications of GObject introspection fully?

Let me stress that my time is very limited and I have other projects
so it will not exactly be available in the short term. I do however
very seriously mean to work on this as time permits, given that it is
not shot to oblivion before I start :-)

Cheers,
Mikkel