Re: GtkTransform - a data transform interface for GTK+

Rob,

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 10:56 +0100, Robert Staudinger wrote:

> Why does GtkTransform have to live in the "gtk" namespace, rather than just "g"?

I don't know. I guess it doesn't.

> Cool idea though, would the "Transform" support adding a unit string?
> We've hit this problem of having to display some mm/cm/in/px/pt value
> in AbiWord quite some times. Finally, if user input unit specs would
> be parsed automatically, that'd be awesome.
> E.g. "1.1cm" in a GtkEntry, when the user changes this to "15mm"
> things would just continue to work.

This is the sort of use case we had in mind. The user enters "15mm",
this gets backwards transformed into some internal representation. This
internal representation is then forward transformed into some display
value, e.g. "1.5cm".

--d

--
Davyd Madeley,        Software Engineer