Re: Howto add additional files to GTK's build process?

On Feb 2, 2008 11:16 AM, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy gmail com> wrote:
> However still no object file is generated, although I listed the
> source/header file in the makefile (in the gtk sub-directory) filelist
> (its now in makefile.am, makefile and makefile.in) :-/
>
> I did those makefile-modifications only in the gtk-subdirectory
> (gtk+-version/gtk/) so maybe this is the problem? Are there common
> reasons why Make decides to not build a file contained in the
> gtk_base_c_sources list, but without stoping the build process?

Are you working from one of the officially distributed tarballs, or
Subversion? If the former, you need to explicitly re-run autogen or
autoreconf in order to activate maintainer mode. Otherwise, the build
system won't recognize that you've modified the Makefile templates.