[no subject]

    - Easier-to-use GValue/"variant type" support. (I mostly ended up
      implementing my API in terms of varargs methods that take
      pairs of types and values, much like dbus-glib, except with
      GTypes.) Especially, easier-to-use variant array and hash table
      methods. (FWIW, the XML-RPC types are, in D-Bus terms, "i", "b",
      "s", "d", "ay", "a{sv}", and "av", plus a datetime type that
      doesn't directly map to any D-Bus type.)

    - An easy way to generate a client-side C type to GValue marshaller
      and server-side GValue to C type marshaller for a given signature,
      so people don't need to use the GValue/variant APIs directly if
      they don't want to. glib-genmarshal is insufficient because it
      makes signal-specific assumptions, and you need something where
      you can specify what sort of special arguments are needed before
      and after the generated ones (eg, a GError **), and because it
      doesn't allow for asynchronous wrappers.

Maybe there isn't really all that much opportunity for code sharing, but
I figured I'd mention it while you're still pondering the exact
direction of the APIs. It seems like the libgee/collections stuff might
possibly help.

-- Dan