Re: adding elastic tabstops to a widget

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:30:56 -0400, "Havoc Pennington" <hp pobox com>
said:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2007-July/msg00046.html
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2007-August/msg00086.html
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2007-September/msg00088.html
>
> (save everyone else the googling)

Thanks - I should have thought of including those.

I should probably explain that the difference between then and now is
that my new implementation caches the tab structure and width of the
text in each "cell" rather than recalculating it all every time any
change is made to the contents of the buffer (horribly inefficient!).
The old code was more of a proof of concept than a proper
implementation.

Nick