Re: subwindow-less Gtk+ and offscreen windows
- From: "Iain *" <iaingnome gmail com>
- To: "Alexander Larsson" <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: "gtk-devel-list gnome org" <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: subwindow-less Gtk+ and offscreen windows
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 21:00:32 +0100
On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 21:35 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>> * Some operations require an X window id, for example:
>> + glXMakeCurrent()
>> so that you can draw into a window with opengl.
>> You can still draw to the toplevel window, but you can't
>> have GdkOffscreenWindow automatically clip the opengl drawing
>> calls (i think).
>> + the Xv extension
>> If you want to show video in a part of your window you need
>> to use Xv, and you have to give it a subwindow in which to render.
> Qt changed over to not use subwindows in 4.4.0 I believe. It would be
> interesting to see how they solved problems like these.
Doesn't give too much away, but
explains it a bit.
iain (in useful mail shocker!)
] [Thread Prev