Re: GTK+ 2.12.9 released

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Martyn Russell wrote:

> Allin Cottrell wrote:
> > The Windows download page is correct (pointing to gnome.org) but
> > the Linux download page is not.
>
> Hmm, do you mean that the Windows page links directly to a file to
> download, but the Linux page links to a list of downloads for that
> series of version of GTK+?

That's true, but it's not what I meant.  What I meant is that the
Windows links point to ftp.gnome.org, which actually holds the
current GTK files, while the Linux/Unix links point to
ftp.gtk.org, which is apparently not maintained and is very much
out of date. (Currently, the latest GTK version on that server is
2.12.6, while the "LATEST" label points to 2.12.4; the latest
glib version is 2.15.4.)

> > Also, it would be nice if the target platform for the
> > respective d/l pages was stated prominently on the page itelf
> > (right now it's only in the browser title).
>
> Yea, this is the same for EVERY page though.

Not sure what you mean.  The Windows and Linux d/l pages each have
a title (as shown in the browser title bar) that identifies the
platform, but there's no title or heading visible on the page
itself that tells you which platform you're looking at.

One level up in the GTK website structure, you can tell where you
are by which subhead is highlighted (Download, Documentation,
etc.).

Allin Cottrell