Re: Undo framework

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 13:08 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
[...]
> > It seems useful for anything that operates on persistent data, be it
> > a document, or control-center settings.
> >
> I'm thinking, maybe a crazy idea though, but this could also be useful,
> once the actions are stored in a file, to be able to repeat/run those
> actions outside of the application. That is, you could do a set of
> operations on a document-oriented application, save that to a file, and
> use that as a sort of 'script' to do the same operations on another
> document.

<dreamy comment>
I wrote a software updater once that had an undo/redo framework
that was stored to a file, we used that to store the current step
that was being executed, this way we could properly recover
and undo everything if there was any errors, and even recover
when losing power (by loading that file and continuing where
we left off)
</dreamy comment>

Cheers,
             -Tristan