Re: Gtk on Embedded Device Query

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 19:44 +0530, Saroj Kumar wrote:

> Anyhow I have to use this system for my application. I agree that this
> system is having slow processor speed. But lower than this
> configuration, processors running on mobile devices performing well in
> terms of GUI. So, I thought gtk+ (gtk-directfb) will help me in
> this.

GTK+-DirectFB is only a solution if the graphics chips you are using is
supported by DirectFB. DirectFB has software fallbacks that allow it to
run on all kind of hardware, but if you want to use it on an embedded
device than you first need to make sure that the graphics hardware is
fully supported by DirectFB. If it isn't, and you don't have the
resources to develop a graphics driver for it, then you might have more
luck with other backends such as X11.

Sven